10th Africa Regional Conference
11 August 2013- 17 August 2013
The 10th Africa Regional Conference took place this year at “Lagos Airport Hotel” in Lagos, Nigeria from 11 to 17 August 2013.
The theme for the conference was “African Young women: soaring towards excellence”.
What is a Regional Conference?
The Africa Regional Conference is the governing body of the Africa Region. Once every three years the Regional Conference brings together representatives of all Members organizations who determine the strategies for the development of Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting in the region.
The general objectives for the Regional Conference are:
- Receive a report on the activities and finances of the Region.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Region and of WAGGGS in general, by discussing and adopting the Operational Plan and the regional budget.
- Contribute to WAGGGS initiatives and projects.
- Share and exchange good practices.
- Raise the profile of the Region among our partners, the media, etc.
- Discuss and vote on other important issues for the Region.
- Elect the Regional Committee.
- Receive training as appropriate.
There will be opportunities for exchanges of best practices in particular as regards successes on Fund Development, succession planning, Stop the Violence Campaign, increase in membership, etc. There will also be follow up on the implementation of the action plans drawn up after the Fund Development and Leadership seminars held in 2012. There will be an African Market where Member Organizations will be able to sell items to raise funds.
All Member Organizations in the Africa Region have received further information on the event in Circulars 1 and 2.